No entiendo, hombres? Translate here...

23 May, 2014

Creative Academy I: It All Begins Again...

Just like the last one bro's, I'll be keeping tabs on my progress as far as the Creative Academy @ !Audacious Church goes, so you can bank on there being updates every Thursday/Friday for the next eight weeks!

I'm jumping the fence this time and aligning myself with fellow electric guitarists, being suitably gifted enough to be able to play either acoustic or electric guitar just as effectively...


Tonight was audition night and I took it easy with the following song, just like I chose last night: -


Now, I took the easy option, simply because I was there to prove that I know my stuff and can learn the rest as I go along and Adam (a different one to the one that led last Academy) said that he was confident I knew my chords and didn't want to tell me from one extreme to "take some lessons" to "learn song x, y and z and you're on Sunday" kind of approach. He wanted to see, I think, how much I wanted this and didn't want me to be "bored with just playing the chords of songs I know off by heart".

You know? You can know a song and you can know it, which for me is what it's all about in part, but then after that I'm all like "right, what song am I learning next?"

Bang on the money, Adam!

I'm not here to live the easy life bro's... I want it all and I'm willing to wait for what's coming to me. I'm there to learn whatever parts a guitarist needs to learn to showcase my ability with a view to, hopefully, eventually appearing on stage on a Sunday playing to the masses... BA-BOOM, BA-BOOM!!!

I'm looking forward to it and you can too with my updates coming faster now than they have for recent weeks as I look to reignite consistency and I suppose you can see that now I've abandoned my motor racing reviews, I've struggled for content (almost, only almost!) so I'll be looking to rectify that.

This will start with Skate 3 interaction along with a review of "The Wolf of Wall Street" that I picked up yesterday from Sainsbury's, complete with novelisation as well as a freebie... BONUS!!!

Until next week, bro's...

Peace out!


No comments:

Post a Comment