No entiendo, hombres? Translate here...

11 March, 2024

Off the Scale #78 - Road to Perdition Theme by Thomas Newman

Hello everyone!

We're back for another edition of Off the Scale and this time it's movies I'm paying a visit to. For the next few entries I'm going to be looking at some of my favourite themes.

I hope you can grow to appreciate them as much as I do...

Road to Perdition

This soundtrack is one of those that always stands out to me the way it blends an ethereal sound with strings floating throughout and, as good as the movie is, the theme is one of the reasons I love well written scores as much as I do movies.

I don't have time for over-scored media anymore so whenever a composer manages to capture my attention, I know it's because it's balancing the story rather than trying to dominate it.

Have a listen: -


If you haven't seen the movie then see it, but it's not for the patient I'll tell you, or for those who like to be bombarded with sights and sounds a la the latest Michael Bay epic, which tries to be nothing more than it already is. No shade. That's just the sort of experience you get when you see one of those movies.

This is not that.

Peace out!

===TLP===

No comments:

Post a Comment