No entiendo, hombres? Translate here...

18 March, 2024

Off the Scale #79 - For the Love of a Princess by James Horner

Hey everyone!

Onto the next in my mini-series within a series.

This time, it's the turn of the excellently scored movie Braveheart. I'm not wasting time on accuracies or inaccuracies of this movie because my series zooms in on the music that matters...

For the Love of a Princess

This piece moves me to almost tears every time I hear it when it's played well. I've gone for a version by 2Cellos who always seem to really experience the music they're playing a feat which many artists would do well to learn especially if you play before a live audience; if you feel it, they will too: -


This version was performed with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra at the Sydney Opera House in 2018 and you'd have to have a heart of stone to fail to appreciate the efforts of them all. Score a project well and I'll remember it for time, just don't overdo it, it's not necessary when subtlety can be your very best friend.

Until next time...

Peace out!

===TLP===

No comments:

Post a Comment