No entiendo, hombres? Translate here...

09 June, 2013

Blackpool - Adventures in Fun Land

Heyyo!

As misleading as this title deliberately appears, no it does not describe a visit to the Pleasure Beach in Blackpool, it's simply my title for this entry about my day trip there with my family...


Taking full advantage of the recent nice weather we're having here in sunny Oldham, me & the family took a trip out to Blackpool, one of my all-time-fave British destinations and after today, it is all the more so because less and less people are going there. Make your own decisions why for those in the know, but all's I know and care about is the fact that being left to your own devices (with the exception of the embarrassing pi$$heads on hen nights, lol!) is a handy way to kill a few hours on Saturday afternoon!

The food? Well, that was exceptional & I had myself a small fry-up (yep, a greasy spooner is the way forward, lol!) before later on having fish and chips, which was a welcome change to either packed lunch or a salad tossed together before we depart as we are often wont to do.

This won't be an essay like my usual standards, I just wanted to capture down on this blog that it was an amazing time because I got to spend some qualitee time with my folks & my sister whom I thought at first was not coming.

The question of whether I bought anything is moot because I already told you what I picked up yesterday, though I did miss out the fantastic season one of Wizards vs. Aliens, Russell T. Davies' succeeding project from his time on the rebooted Doctor Who, so spending was kept to a minimum (or in this case, none!), proving that I couldn't give a rat's ar$e about spending shedloads, I'd just rather spend it with qualitee people, namely my family!

Now upon my usual rants, I'd go on to talk about what family means to me, but I don't need to here, not this time, it's obvious; they're boss, like me!

Final Thought

In closing then, I want you all to consider what exactly means the most to you in terms of the people you know and, challenge time, go out of your way to do something nice for them.

'Why should I?!' I hear you ask and I'll counter that with an answer I oft use; 'BECAUSE YOU CAN!' (where of course, for the sake of this argument, 'I' has been changed to 'you'). So trust me when I say that in Paying It Forward, you'll reap your own rewards in due course and remember: -

Only treat others as you would have them treat you!

Peace out, bro's!


The Lanky Penguin

PS. In short, the next post after my Canadian GP review, I'll explain a little more behind my moniker!

No comments:

Post a Comment