No entiendo, hombres? Translate here...

25 June, 2013

R.I.P. Mick Aston

Well it is indeed a sad day today as one of the most energetic of personalities sadly passed away; Mick Aston of Time Team fame.

My condolences go to the family and friends of one Mick Aston and, as an avid watcher of Time Team from its early days to right before Channel 4 altered the formula (I won't put here what I think as this is not the time!), it's heavily saddening news for all fans of the archaeological programme.

I don't need to go into too much detail about this one as fans of the programme know what a loveable guy he seemed to be who was genuinely interested in his work and that always, ALWAYS came across to the cameras.

He seemed like a really genuine and down to earth guy and without the likes of him and Tony Robinson, I do not think my interests in history would have been shaped and boosted as drastically as they were by this programme!

They truly were one of a kind!

Mick, you will be sadly missed. :(


S.R. Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment