No entiendo, hombres? Translate here...

08 May, 2013

Fergie - Retirement of a Legend

Whassup bro's!

Well, this comes as an impromptu entry on my blog here having got back earlier today from my second appointment on this 'Work Training' programme that my local jobcentre have sent me on.

I checked the BBC Red Button service as I'm often wont to do in a morning over a cup of coffee and whatever choice of breakfast (for those interested it was a round of toast with my coffee today!) and came across this stunning news that left me reeling as for twenty-odd years I've gotten used to the banter between our two sides' (for those who've forgotten, or don't know I proudly support the red side of North London, so you know who that is!) fans...


So to find out today that Sir Alex Ferguson is retiring at the end of this season, I wonder whether the pre-match banter (as in mindgames between Messrs. Wenger & Ferguson) can ever live up to expectations as standard again.

Though our manager has not been at the helm for as long as his Manchester counterpart, there is a significant difference in the return that Fergie has garnered over those years (who can forget the Champions' League final from 1999 against Bayern?!) and I could wax lyrical about why that is, but I won't because this is not the place for that. I'm making this post out of respect for a manager whom I can always say I've associated with Manchester United, even though I do not support them.

Whether he jumped before he was pushed is another matter entirely, as the rumour mill continues to turn. That is one thing for the United fans to discuss amongst themselves as I will not give in to conjecture on here.

Twenty titles in as many years? THAT is the mark of a true managerial genius, that we'd do well to learn from!

Nice work, Fergie!
 
The Lanky Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment