No entiendo, hombres? Translate here...

09 March, 2013

A Week To Remember... Not One To Forget!

Hey bro's!

Well, this is the start now of my 17 in 25 challenge, in that I aim to, over the next twenty five days, write seventeen posts in my blog, so I'd best get racking my brains to figure out what I'm gonna rant about, right?

This time it's gonna be a brief synopsis of a subject I've always put a lot of myself into; goal setting.

I'm all for setting goals for oneself especially if it helps you achieve the things you know you want to achieve before this year's out. What I'm not for is those who talk the talk, but when it comes down to the crunch, when the challenge is laid bare, they just cannot be arsed to do anything about what they've set out to do.

Resolutions for one thing... I cannot stand them, I think they're a pointless waste of time (I was going to say 'waist of time' because most are to do with some people's innate desire to get fit every time a new year comes around), why? Simply because most of them are so far-fetched and the person so ill-equipped to live up to their own expectations!
Me? I always, always ALWAYS live up to my expectations! Why? Because I am that damn good at what I do! It's taken a looong time for me to get to a stage like this where I can truly say that I am wholly happy with who I am and what I can do, because in the past I spent too much time listening to others' opinions of myself instead of forming my own and becoming the man I HAVE to be to face the challenges I face on a day to day basis. So what's the point then?

Set goals for yourself at the turn of the year, that's what I'm driving at! Set goals that you know you can achieve no matter what the cost to your personal growth (for it should be something that pushes you beyond your boundaries, silly!) and after that, when the year is coming to an end, you can look back and think "hell yeah! I did a damn good job of all that I did this year!".

Don't just talk the talk, walk the frickin' walk, bro'!

I worked with people that were all bloody talk and no action and it's pointless because it starts to affect you as well if you hang around them long enough you, like with the Borg, begin the conversion to join the Collective albeit unwittingly (in other words, for those tactically inept to understand what I'm saying, you become like them!).

Me? I think I can sum up this year's promises with two main points: -


  1. Continue evolving in my faith and what I believe in as I head inexorably toward Destination:Qatar in the years to come, a calling I cannot escape no matter how I try; and
  2. Continue evolving in my abilities as a singer/songwriter in order to be the best that I possibly can be at what I do in all the world!
Now, the kicker comes here because I know not how I'm gonna get there, but I know that, with God's help, anything is possible and any door HE opens, I cannot shut!

Righty, that's the first one down, only another sixteen to go!

Peace out!
S.R. Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment