No entiendo, hombres? Translate here...

15 March, 2013

Getting Into the Groove

Well, I certainly feel like a groove has been attained now that I'm onto my eighth post in this here blog...

Early impressions for me are certainly that I'm enjoying this (can you not tell already?) as it gives me a chance to just vent about stuff that pecks at my head, grinds my gears and just in general is better put down in digits than it is trapped up top.

Last night, as an example, I sat down to watch my fix of Family Guy and, lo and behold, who was parodied? But Leonard Hofstadter & Sheldon Cooper from the excellent sitcom "The Big Bang Theory"!


Now, I won't go into what that is for those mooks (sic!) not in the loop, but nevertheless I thought the impressions were a little too good for just mimics and to double-check in the closing cred's, I saw that both of those actors were indeed in that episode! HA! Nice one!

Imagine how much they got paid for a six-second (it was probably more like double that, but the point's still the same!) parody of themselves in such a well established cartoon as Family Guy, to some that'd see them laughing all the way to the bank... but then, they're the sort to mock EVERYONE, no matter of race, creed, beliefs etc. so it would appear that they can't have done THAT badly, still going on as Seth Macfarlane & crew are today!

I have another gear to grind on that matter, but that'll wait for a later date as I'm wrapping this one up now ready for Ice Road Truckers.

Truck on, peeps, truck on!



S.R. Cook (aka The Lanky Penguin)

PS. - There's more to that pseudonym than meets the eye and I may, just may, revisit that too at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment